Effective Recruitment and Selection is important as part of a manager’s role and to the success of an organisation. This training course provides learners with an increased understanding of the recruitment and selection process. It outlines the 6 stages of effective recruitment and provides learners with information on how to make recruitment and selection processes work for them.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to describe a variety of selection methods, including their advantages and disadvantages and also understand the impact of legislation on the recruitment and selection process.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Describe the reasons for effective recruitment and selection
- Explain the process of job analysis
- Describe the benefits of a systematic recruitment and selection strategy
- Create a job description
- Design a person specification for a job
- Highlight the impact of legislation on recruitment and selection
- Identify ways in which organisations can discriminate in the recruitment process
- Describe the variety of selection methods, their advantages and disadvantages
- Consider issues which will impact on future recruitment and selection
- Appreciate the value of feedback in the recruitment and selection process
- Choose from a range of options for attracting applicants to a vacancy
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Recruitment and Selection
- Planning and Preparation
- Attracting the Right Candidates
- Effective Selection and Methods
- Selecting a Candidate and Making the Offer
- Giving Feedback to Unsuccessful Candidates
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this Virtual College course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers who may have responsibility for recruitment and selection.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.