This course has been developed by NICEIC in partnership with Virtual College to satisfy the EAL and City & Guilds 2382-12 scheme. The course incorporates material covering the first amendment.
It aims to enable the candidate to demonstrate that they are conversant with the IEE (Institute of Electrical Engineers) Wiring Regulations 17th Edition BS 7671:2008(2011).
This online course was released in September 2011.
Your purchase includes:
- Online e-learning course (login emailed automatically on completion of online sales purchase)
- Online Revision Test (automatically enabled on completion of course)
- In Centre Examination (on successful Revision Test pass, you will be able to print off a record of learning to enable you to go on to take your 2 hour accredited examination). From January 2012 previous examinations not covering the 1st amendment will no longer be available.
This course is intended to ensure that on completion individuals are conversant with the format content and the application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No. 1 2011 (17th Edition)
The sections covered include:
- Welcome and Objectives
- Part 1 – Scope and Objectives
- Part 2 – Definitions
- Part 3 – Assessment of General Characteristics
- Part 4 – Protection for safety
- Part 5 – Selection and Erection of Equipment
- Part 6 – Inspection and Testing
- Part 7 – Special Installations or Locations
This unit will be assessed by a multiple choice online test covering the underpinning knowledge relating to the content and application of BS 7671. This must be taken at an accredited test centre. The cost of this test is included in the course fee.
To find your nearest test centre, or if you have completed your learning and are ready to book an exam, please call the NICEIC on 0870 013 0389
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 22 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
This qualification is primarily aimed at practicing electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. electrical engineers, contracts managers, designers, consultants, surveyors, and other related trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations.
It may also be suitable for anyone requiring an understanding of BS 7671:2008(2011), although prior knowledge in basic electrical science will be required. It is intended to ensure that on completion individuals are conversant with the format, content and the application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2008(2011) (17th edition).
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification. It is expected that candidates will have basic knowledge of electrical science.