Having completed this course, learners should have:
- a better understanding of health and safety legislation;
- an overview of health, safety and security, occupational health, ergonomics and well-being provision; an understanding of a risk assessment process within the Trust;
- knowledge of incident reporting processes within the Trust.
Sections within this Virtual College course include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Complying with Health and Safety Regulations
- Risk Assessment
- Recognising and Reporting Hazards
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 2 - 3 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is targeted primarily at healthcare workers in NHS organisations, though the information is applicable to anyone working in the healthcare sector.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.