Back injury is the main reason for absence from the workplace, whilst one third of all reported injuries that result in three days off work are caused by manual handling accidents.
Employers are required by law to take reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of all employees, one of which is increasing awareness about the hazards related to manual handling, and outlining what can be done to minimise risk.
This online Manual Handling course provides learners with the knowledge they need in order to reduce the chance of incurring an injury whilst manually handling loads in their work environment.
On completion of this Virtual College course, you will understand:
- The reasons why you need to know how to move and handle objects correctly
- The key pieces of legislation that relate to manual handling; the responsibilities they place on you and your employer
- The basic theory of how your spine works, common injuries and how you can avoid them
- The key factors to take into account before undertaking the moving or lifting of a load
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- The Law
- The Spine
- Moving and Handling Objects Safely
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This is a manual handling course that is applicable to anyone who may need to lift items as part of their duties. The information is applicable to any workplace environment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.