Performance Reviews are an important part of running an effective business and have a number of benefits. For example; they establish individual training needs, enable individuals to develop, motivate and engage employees and empower relationships between managers and employees.
This e-learning course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of why performance reviews are important and how to manage effective performance review meetings. On completion, learners will be able to delivering effective performance feedback and set clear and effective development goals.
On completion of this Virtual College course
- Describe why performance reviews are important
- Explain what performance reviews are
- Demonstrate how to set clear, effective goals and objectives
- Use a coaching approach to set goals and review performance
- Complete effective planning and preparation for a performance review
- Manage an effective performance review meeting
- Apply the lessons of preparing and delivering effective performance feedback
- Identify development goals with an employee
- Apply the guidelines of preparing for your own performance review
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Performance Reviews
- Clear Expectations and Goal Setting
- Planning and Preparation
- The Effective Performance Review
- Preparing Your Own Review
The content of this Virtual course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers with the responsibility for managing an individual or team and who need to carry out annual performance reviews.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.