The content of this course has been mapped to the underpinning knowledge within the following unit on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF): Contributing to the Application of Continuous Improvement Techniques (Kaizen) – Level 2.
Successful manufacturing is based on three main elements: having the right product in the right place, at the right time, and at the right cost. This is achieved by having continuously improving quality assurance, cost management and delivery systems, often abbreviated to quality, cost and delivery (QCD).
This online training has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of the Kaizen philosophy, in order to encourage the setting and continuous improvement of standards which will improve productivity, safety and effectiveness while reducing waste.
By completing the online course you should:
- Understand the principles of Kaizen and Continuous improvement.
- Recognise the eight ‘wastes.’
- Understand ‘benchmarking.’
- Recognise improvement types.
- Understand the improvement cycle (PDCA).
- Recognise Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Understand standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Recognise the change environment.
This unit is a mandatory unit within the following qualification: Level 2 Certificate in Business Improvement Techniques (QCF).
Areas covered will include:
- Introduction to Manufacturing and Kaizen
- Kaizen and Continuous Improvement
- Eight Wastes – Non-Value Added Activities
- Benchmarking, Types of Improvement and the Improvement Cycle (PDCA)
- KPIs, SOPs and Change Environment + Summary
Originally developed for those undertaking the Level 2 Certificate in Business Improvement Techniques, this course is also suitable for anyone wanting to learn about running their business more efficiently.
With approximately 42 interactive screens, it is estimated that this course will take approximately 1 hour to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
On completion you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.