By preparing well for every interview and being able to present yourself in the best way, you will be able to maximise your opportunities at interview.
This Interview Skills online course is part of an employability suite which will help learners search for and secure employment.
It is ideal for anyone seeking employment who needs help in maximising their chances of success at the interview stage.
This module will introduce learners to the different stages of interview; the benefits of, and types of research helpful for, preparing for interviews; best responses to questions and situations; and the advantage of feedback.
On completion of this module, learners will know about:
- Different stages of interview;
- The benefits of preparing for interviews;
- The impact of attitude on the outcome of interviews;
- Different ways in which you can maximise your chances of success at interview;
- The best ways to respond to different questions and situations at interview;
- The practical considerations which are needed for a successful interview;
- The type of research that is helpful in preparing for interview; and
- Asking for and responding appropriately to feedback.
Areas covered include:
- Introduction to Interview Skills
- Interview Techniques
- Preparing for an Interview
- Presentation Skills and Questions
- Responding to Interview Situations
- Managing Feedback
This Interview Skills module is suitable for anyone who would like to learn more about how they can analyse their own skills, create an action plan and be more efficient when applying and interviewing for jobs.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.