There are many different therapies available to treat Type 2 diabetes other than, or with insulin, and it is vital that all medical and nursing staff know which are the most appropriate for each individual patient.
This module aims to provide learners with an increased awareness of the non-insulin therapies which are available to lower blood glucose in adults with Type 2 diabetes.
It focuses on four straightforward steps to help learners achieve a successful outcome - The Right Drug, At the Right Dose, At the Right Time and In the Right way.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Recognise where different non-insulin therapies can safely be used to optimise glycaemic control and/or give symptomatic relief in people with Type 2 diabetes.
- Demonstrate an awareness of contra-indications and side effects of non-insulin therapies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of effective and safe use of non-insulin therapies.
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Non-Insulin Therapies and Associated Patient Safety Risks
- The Safe Use of Oral Therapies
- The Use of Incretin-Based Injectable Therapies
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This module is primarily targeted at medical and nursing staff looking after adults with Type 2 diabetes. Medical students and pharmacists will also learn about the important aspects of caring for people with the condition
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
£5.00 + VAT (£6.00 inc. VAT)
Do you qualify to access this module free of charge?
The Safe Use of Non-Insulin Therapies for Diabetes e-learning module is free to all individuals working or studying in the United Kingdom, to register please go to our self registration page at http://nhsdiabetes.healthcareea.co.uk
For those outside of England there is a small fee for the module.
The module normally retails at £30.00 (+VAT) however due to sponsorship by NHS Diabetes we are able to offer it to you at a significantly discounted rate of £5.00 (+VAT).