This Virtual College course has been designed to raise awareness of the main issues around risk taking behaviour and young people sexual health. It has been designed for wide variety of people and is intended for anyone who comes into regular contact with young people and/or their families in the course of their work. It provides learners with an increased understanding of risk taking behaviour allowing them to develop their work in a way that improves outcomes for young people.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Have a better awareness of the issues around teenage pregnancy
- Have a basic knowledge of sexual health issues
- Have a basic knowledge of drug and alcohol issues
- Be able to determine young people most at risk of early parenthood
- Be more confident to raise and address these issues with young people
- Know about local services and be able to signpost young people
- Better understand your role in the prevention of risk taking behaviours
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Teenage Pregnancy Outcomes and Risk Factors
- The Impact of Drug and Alcohol Use
- Sexual Health
- Working with Young People
- Legal Framework and Summary
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is targeted a wide variety of people and is intended for anyone who comes into regular contact with young people and/or their families in the course of their work.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.