By undertaking the course healthcare professionals will increase their understand of the management of diabetes, helping patients to live as well as possible during this time.
By completing this module you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a better understanding of the impact of diabetes has on end of life patient experience and care.
- Outline different stages in end of life care and how safe medicines management can improve the patient experience.
- Describe the management of diabetes during Intercurrent illness and when glucocorticoids (steroids) are used.
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to End of Life Care
- Clinical Care in Diabetes and End of Life Care
- Diabetes Treatments (insulin or non-insulin therapies)
- Intercurrent Illness and Treatment Withdrawal
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
This module is aimed at healthcare professionals who care for people with diabetes during the last year, months, weeks and days of life.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.