This online learning module has been developed in conjunction with social housing organisations to help an individual adopt a healthier lifestyle. Health is generally defined as being a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease. Whilst we may not always experience complete wellbeing throughout all our lives, we can look at how we live on a day-to-day basis to see whether changes can be made to make our lives healthier. By establishing good habits now you will be able to reap the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Identify how to eat healthily,
- Access what lifestyle choices can impact upon health,
- Understand the importance of exercise and how to undertake it,
- Understand the importance of hygiene for health,
- Apply the skills needed to promote living a healthy life.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Eating for a Healthier Future
- Lifestyles and their Impacts
- Exercising the Right Way
- Hygiene and Helping Yourself
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is intended for anyone wishing to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.