Conflict in the workplace is inevitable as individuals often have different needs, ideas, beliefs and values. If managed constructively, conflict can have a positive outcome, leading to better decision making, stimulating critical thinking and fuelling creativity and innovation.
As a result, this course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to increase constructive responses to conflict, defuse tensions and find productive solutions to difficult problems.
On completion, learners will have an increased awareness of the causes of conflict at work, its effects and how it can be managed and prevented.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will:
- Have an awareness of the feelings and behaviours that can be present
- Have an appreciation of the conditions which enable mediation to act as a catalyst for constructive conflict resolution
- Have an awareness of the skills and qualities required of mediators and of one’s own competence in this area
- Have an ability to use the process of mediation
- Have a knowledge of the active listening skills required to develop rapport with disputants
- Have a knowledge of the options available if the decision is taken not to pursue mediation
- Develop ways of working that are impartial
- Have a knowledge of the values and concepts of conflict resolution
- Recognise how
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Resolving Conflict as a Manager
- Using Mediation
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this Virtual College course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers who have a responsibility to manage conflict within their team.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course