This online course aims to teach learners the principles of the Whole Family Approach to improving outcomes for children, young people and their parents or carers. It explores the role of the dedicated key worker and defines the attributes needed to carry out this role successfully. It also explains the different methods used to identify issues and deliver practical support to those in need, focusing on sustainable outcomes for both adults and children.
By completing this course you should be able to:
- Define the role of the dedicated key worker, and the qualities and attributes that make a successful dedicated worker
- Apply the whole family approach to your practice
- Describe the benefits of working with the whole family in order to improve outcomes for children, young people and their parents and carers
- Discuss and identify methods of delivering practical ‘hands-on’ support
Contributed to this course:
- Durham County Council
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
- Newcastle City Council
- Cumbria County Council
- Think Family
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
This course is aimed at individuals and organisations whose work brings them into contact with children and their parents/carers and families.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.