The 5s productivity suite is based on a Japanese management tool that was proposed to instil ‘lean working’ within employees. 5s aims to offer a workplace that stays ordered and clean. This will improve the working environment and efficiency in which tasks can be finalised. The course looks at what each specific 5s involves and offers, it also includes a module offering a summary of the tasks that should be undertaken for each S.
Upon completion of this Virtual College 5s productivity suite learners will understand:
- The reasoning behind implementing 5S in the workplace and why Sorting is important
- How to arrange the workplace to make it more efficient and productive
- Why and how to make items easily identifiable
- The importance of keeping work areas and items clean
- The importance of regularly inspecting work areas for faults
- The three steps involved in standardising
- How to audit and sustain progress.
The course consists of seven modules; a 5S overview, followed by modules on each of the five Ss:
- Set in Order
In addition there is a short module on how following the PDCA cycle can assist in 5S implementation. The learning activities are supported by excellent animations and a number of challenges.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 7 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
Companies and employees of organisations of any size or sector wishing to improve productivity.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.