Safer recruitment is key to protecting children in your care. It is a legal requirement that recruitment panels appointing paid staff and volunteers include people trained in safer recruitment. Ofsted WILL request evidence that each recruitment panel meets this requirement.
The course considers statistics relating to safer recruitment, the background to the introduction of the more robust safer recruitment processes, which followed the Bichard Inquiry, and looks at the recruitment of Ian Huntley in the Soham case.
On completion of this course you will have covered these learning objectives:
- Develop the skills and understanding needed to put in place safer recruitment processes
- Check current practice in your organisation
- Provide understanding of the Independent Safeguarding Authority and the Vetting and Barring Scheme
- Promote a safer culture within your organisation
- Raise your awareness about abuse and abusers
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Keeping Children Safe
- Recruitment Process
- The Vetting and Barring Scheme
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
The target audience is anybody involved in the recruitment of people who will work with children.