Safeguarding children complies with the 'stay safe' outcome of the Government’s Every Child Matters’ programme. The aim of this course is to raise awareness of the signs of abuse and neglect and understand when and who to report matters of concern to.
On completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand the various types of child abuse or neglect
- Identify the signs and what to look for
- Know how to ask questions if you suspect a young person is being abuse
- Know what steps to take if you suspect abuse is happening
- Know what to do if a young person discloses abuse.
This course covers the following subject areas:
- Welcome, Learning Objectives and Introduction
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at young people aged 11-18yrs who work with children or other young people for example as young volunteers, peer mentors, babysitters etc.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.