Effective Leadership and Control for Registered Social Landlords. This course is primarily aimed at Registered Social Landlords who are regulated for governance by the Scottish Housing Regulator. On completion of this course learners will have a greater understanding of:
- Being a Board member- why bother?
- What the Scottish Housing Regulator expects from Boards
- What should a Board member expect from a good governance structure
- Codes of governance
- How Boards can achieve greatness
- Boards and public duty - what standards should they follow?
- Such a lot of responsibility! - is it all really worth it?
Areas covered include:
- Being a Board Member - Why Bother?
- The Regulatory Framework
- The Governance and Financial Viability Standard and How it is Monitored
- What Should A Board Member Expect from A Good Governance Structure?
- Choosing a Code of Conduct
- How Can Boards Be Great?
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This module is aimed primarily at anyone working in the social housing sector in Scotland. However, the module is also suitable for anyone wanting to learn more about Scottish social housing regulation.
There are no specific entry requirements.