Imagine a workplace where people have negative attitudes and unreasonable behaviours. Would you enjoy working there? How productive do you think you would be?
This online Positive Attitudes and Behaviours course is part of an employability suite which will help learners search for and secure employment.
It is ideal for anyone seeking to acquire and sustain employment.
Positive attitudes and behaviours are important in the workplace, because they lead to productive thinking, productive relationships and productive working. Positivity makes a person approachable, which makes it easier to build relationships and to integrate into a team. It builds morale in teams and is related to being effective at work.
On completion of this module, learners should:
- Understand behaviours, attitudes and attributes required for employment;
- Appreciate the different types of communication and how it can affect behaviour;
- Have an awareness of how to be effective at work;
- Have an awareness of how their emotions impact their behaviour at work;
- Identify the causes of conflict in the workplace; and
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses;
- Develop techniques to manage their behaviour;
- Recognise the impact of their motivation in the workplace;
- Appreciate the impact of equality legislation in the workplace.
Areas covered include:
- Introduction to Positive Attitudes and Behaviours
- Communication and Behaviour
- Personal Effectiveness at Work
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Goals and Objectives
- Planning and Prioritisation
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Company Policies and Procedures
- Motivation at Work
This Positive Attitudes and Behaviours module is suitable for anyone who would like to learn more about how they can analyse their own skills, create an action plan and be more efficient when applying and interviewing for jobs.
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.