The law dictates that employers limit the level of risk their staff are exposed to, which makes risk assessments essential for construction sites. This course shows learners how to take suitable precautions and identify, assess, rate and report hazards in the workplace.
This course covers:
- Hazard identification
- Risk evaluation
- Developing risk reduction procedures
- Reporting and evaluating finding
This interactive training will help learners to:
- Recognise the importance of risk assessments and how they are carried out
- Outline the five key steps of the process
- Recognise the hazards and risks of the process
- Summarise the risk assessment process
- Identify and discuss control measures
- Recognise how to report and implement findings
- Explain how to review and update risk assessments
Approximately 1–2 hours. However, the learning is self-paced so the course can be completed at your convenience and your progress will be recorded throughout.
This training is designed for anyone responsible for undertaking or overseeing risk assessments. It’s particularly relevant for line managers, supervisors and safety representatives in a construction environment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course content has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Once you have successfully completed your course you can download and print your Virtual College certificate.